Whilst Montacute School was lucky to get a fabulous brand new building in 2015 this did not include any funding for the things that really add to our children and young people’s lives - items such as hoists for the most immobile students, soft play areas, specialists play equipment, calming multisensory communication equipment, accessible wheelchair paths, specialist ITC items, outside play equipment – most of these things are not little extras but essential to our pupil’s learning and wellbeing. This presented us with an enormous challenge – we had to start fundraising in order to fully equip the school to a standard that we think our children and young people deserve. We set up Monty’s Appeal and raised enough money to equip the inside of the building. The next big challenge was to make our outside space as fabulous as the inside. To date, we have installed a special swing and roundabout, sensory garden, forest school, multi use games area and a polytunnel.
However, the work does not stop there…….we are constantly striving to make improvements both inside and out. We are currently working with designers on the main playground – we want play equipment which stretches our pupil’s imagination and calming spaces. We would like an additional minibus for community visits and to explore our beautiful surrounding areas and the list goes on.
What can you do?
Donations of any amount towards our Monty’s Appeal https://wonderful.org/charities/1109768 be would be wonderful but it is not just your money we are after:
- We need people to undertake their own sponsored activities and challenges – one of our parents did the Tough Mudder, a member of staff - the Brownsea Island swim and our pupils did a sponsored read – what could you do?
- Do you have any contacts – a business contact that might like to make us their charity of the year, or that could provide us with a service or a piece of equipment? A famous friend or neighbour that could offer their support? A family member who works for a charitable trust or the lottery?
- Are you a member of a club – a church group, keep fit class, rotary club, golf club that might like to raise funds as a one off event or again make us their charity of the year?
- Do you have any professional skills or contacts – we could always use some help with marketing, PR, fundraising, but sometimes we need help in other areas – landscape design, gardening, bid writing – the list goes on.
- SHOP ONLINE - just by doing your online shopping via easyfundraising.org.uk you will raise a FREE donation with every purchase! It's really easy and won't cost you a penny extra. Register with http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/montacutesch
- OR with amazon. Login into your regular Amazon account - or click here: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1109768-0 - choose Parents and Friends of Montacute School from the charity options and do your shopping as usual.
- Plus - how would you like the change to win £25,000 and at the same time support Montacute School. BH Coastal Lottery is a weekly draw. Tickets cost £1 with 40p going to a cause of your choice. To play go to: https://www.bhcoastallottery.co.uk/support/parents-and-friends-of-montacute-school
Get in touch
If you have any ideas, want to help in any way or just want to chat about our Appeal I can be contacted in the office or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
And finally, thank you for your support past....present and future!