Parents and Carers
At Montacute all parents and carers are valued as part of our school community. We believe that when schools and families work together, children have a far better chance of not only being successful in school but being successful in life as well.
We have a Partnership Co-ordinator who works with parents to ensure that families feel informed, supported, welcome and able to be involved in our school and with their child’s learning, development and fun!
Any contact with our Partnership Co-ordinator is in addition to, and does not replace, the usual communication between Head Teacher, Teacher, class staff and other professionals.
Our Partnership Co-ordinator works closely with the Leadership Team to:
- Provide social events and other opportunities for families to be involved in pupil/class/school activities
- Arrange specific information and training events for families to attend
- Provide opportunities for families to meet with each other
- Signpost useful information and guidance relating to outside agencies.
- Provide a Chill Out Family Area to meet, relax and talk and a play area for siblings. Within this area up-to-date information leaflets on local organisations, services, activities and events relating to children and young people, their parents and carers are available.
- Facilitate, provide advice, guidance, support and follow up actions regarding Person Centred EHCP Annual Reviews
- Offer additional support and guidance regarding school and/or home issues
- Support parents by attending meetings
- Chair the school/family fundraiser group
- Ensure that all our communications and documents are current, timely, relevant and family friendly.
Our Partnership Co-ordinator can be contacted
Direct 9.00am to 3.35pm by telephone : 01202 693239
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
By letter or by dojo.
Messages can also be left for her with the school office or out of hours on the school answer phone.